#flashfiction

"I had a terrible day"
"Oh... wanna go to the club and going crazy tonight?"
"Absolutely, i'll meet you at the usual place"

I hung up the phone and started to walk to the street looking for a taxi. Luckly i found one in no time and hopped in immadiately. After giving the address to the driver i leaned back in my seat and sat in silence
Twenty minutes later i arrived at the club. Loud music blasted to my ears as soon as i entered the club. The scent was a mixture of cigarette smoke, passionate sweats, and lots and lots of alcohol. I walked to the bar table and ordered a drink.

"You look like you had slapped by thousand of bitches"

I looked to the side and found, Jack, my bestfriend, walked towards me. I scoffed.

"Life is a bitch and what you think i would look like?"
"Like... me?"
"I rather look like a victim of thousand bitches than wearing that weird-galaxy-printed-pants. You're going to paris tomorrow dude wear a better clothes"

I shaked my head, his fashion never improved ever since the first time i met him at middle school.

"Whatever, have you ordered something?"
"Scotch, double"
"You just need me as a chauffeur for tonight, dont you?"

I shrugged

*

I cant remember how many glasses i had drunk. Probably fifteen or eighteen. My eyes had blurred and my throat felt like a dry sahara.  Just when i wanted to pour another glass, Jack grabbed my hand to stop me.

"You drink too much"
"Not that much"

I snatched my hand back and filled my glass

"That would be the last bottle, i'll take you home after this"
"I dont want to meet that woman"

Jack kept silent but i started to blurted out

"Two years, two years of relationship and now she cheated on me. can you believe it jack?"
"Just break up with her"
"I can't" I laughed a pathetic laugh "I love her too much"
"There's another person who loved you as much as you do probably more"

I looked at him with a questioning look. but he just kept silent and stared at me. Suddenly he sighed

"Don't you notice that Chyntia had a crush on you from first semester till now?"

 I scoffed

"I guess it's just right, we worked so hard to love but it just doesnt mean to everyone. but dont ended up like me Jack. dont fall in love with a bad person like me"

At that point i didnt know what i had said anymore, i gulped my alcohol, and soon after two or three more glasses my eyes and brain couldnt take it anymore. The last thing i remembered was jack pulled me up and told me to go and after that was a total black out.

I woke up with a sore throat and ache all over my body and my back hurt like hell. Hangover never felt good. Suddenly the door opened and i saw my girlfriend standing there. She was silent and so did i. After minutes that felt like forever she opened her mouth

"Jack brought you here, and said sorry"

Of course he was. Eventhough i told him not to brought me here. His sorry was for nothing

"About last night-"
"Dont talk my head is hurt" and so my heart.

I got up from bed and walked passed her to the kitchen to grabbed a bottle of water. She followed me quietly from behind and sat on one of the dining chair

"How drunk were you last night?"
"Well? I still had my pants on. So not that drunk" She was giving me a weird look as she hesitated to say something
"Those..... arent your pants"

I frowned and looked down and froze. There in my legs was a pair of weird-galaxy-printed pants.

"So... are we even now?"

My face got pale. Suddenly the pain on my back, sore throat and ache on my body barely had any relation with my hangover but many relation with Jack's sorry. Panic, i looked to the clock to checked the time. it was 11.30, Jack's flight to paris was in 11.15  and as far as i could remember Jack never mentioned on coming back.

Komentar

Postingan Populer